On this page, you will find resources for you as a tennis coach, including websites for drills, coaching methods and tips, marketing and business, useful websites, free resources, paid stuff………anything I can think of will be added as and when I think of it. Please contact me to add anything to this page
Use the tabs to select a category
- www.tennisdrills.tv – Jorge Capestany’s paid membership site is the daddy of drills sites. 1000s of video drills. Even if you only sign up for a month, you’ll get a HUGE amount of value.
- UK ONLY – For accredited coaches in the UK, the resources section in your coach area now has some really good content as far as technical development and drills.
- UK ONLY -LTA accredited coaches – all the LTA online course are FREE until 31st July. PLUS the ITF Academy and Icoach is also free to you. Get your code for that HERE and visit ITF Academy HERE
- www.tennisresources.com – is a site
with paid and free content. At a glance it looks like there’s plenty of useful
stuff in the free section. It’s free for USPTA members.
- Motor Skills Learning is a youtube channel with some really useful videos for your ‘tots tennis’ sessions (under 5s). It’s also a subscription website but there are plenty of good free videos on their youtube channel.
- The Tennis At Home page from Net Generation has loads of ‘at home’ drills (and other resources). Many of these will be good for normal sessions as well.
- And the USTA also has some ‘at home’ stuff for adults HERE.
- Be Gr8 At Tennis is a great website by coach Rob Cherry with all kinds of resources on it.
- For accredited coaches in the UK, the resources section in your coach area now has some really good content as far as technical development and drills.
- LTA accredited coaches – all the LTA online course are FREE until 31st July. PLUS the ITF Academy and Icoach is also free to you. Get your code for that HERE and visit ITF Academy HERE
The following all seem to be part of Sport England, offering useful resources:
- Sport England – this website has a wealth of resources and knowledge for clubs and coaches just too much to describe.
- Surrey Coaches Club
- Club Matters
Promoting Activity – a UK site, but could be useful for anyone. If you dig into it, you’ll find some great marketing resources and case studies.
- Recycaball – this is a charity which will pay you for your used balls, then donates them to charitable causes. Or, instead of paying you, they’ll give you a ball recycling unit for your club. Looks great and I’ll be trying it next time we have a large amount of used balls to get rid of.
ServeSPORT.co.uk – formerly GB Sport but now covering Europe. This company, run by Mike Lynch is great for help with business, tax, governance of clubs, advice for coaches, marketing & finance. Some great free stuff on the website and Facebook page as well as paid services. I’ve personally been on Mike’s courses and used his consultancy service.
Giphy is is for downloading and creating GIFs, which can liven up your emails. See below:
Picmonkey is great for photo editing, creating graphics, memes etc.
Canva is also good for creating graphics
Postermywall is AWESOME for creating posters and leaflets
Namecheap’s Logo Maker will help you create a logo for free